Telephonic interviews can be tricky, it is basically the same as a face-to-face interview but just over the phone.
Just as with a face-to-face interview you have to be prepared and you have to KNOW the company or position you have to applied for.
Here are a few tips that will help you rock your telephonic interview:
1. Dress professionally: We know that no one can actually see you so why does it matter? It helps to get your mind focused and promotes a professional demeanor. You’d be surprised by the difference this can make in how you conduct yourself over the phone.
2. Stay in a quiet place and remain seated. Do NOT move or walk around during a phone interview. Sit at a desk or table. Conduct yourself in the same manner you would at an in-person interview.
3. Do not order food during a phone interview. Concentrate on the task at hand. This kind of goes hand-in-hand with no. 2, so treat the phone interview the same as in-person.
4. Take your time to answer the question. Some people are afraid of awkward silence over the phone, but there is nothing wrong with taking a few moments to collect your thoughts.
5. Smile. Yes, they can’t see you but they can hear it in your voice.
6. Give examples and back it up with an action. Go into complete, thorough details when it comes to work experience and examples. You’re old positions and tasks make sense to you but they need to be explained to the person interviewing you.
7. Be yourself. Don’t lie or try to be someone other than yourself. The interviewer wants to know if you’re a good fit. Don’t force it.
For more tips, visit our website ASIE Tips