2021 a New Year, Fresh Energy, New Opportunities and a year of Infinite Possibilities. We're Back…
Interview Time? Preparing for an interview might seem intimidating, but there are several steps you can take to prepare yourself for a successful interview. Remember that the interview is just as much about you finding a good fit for your own work environment as it is about the company finding a good fit for the role.
Preparing for your interview:
- Make a memorable note of the time and place of the interview along with the name of your interviewer(s).
- Prepare to be at least 15 mins early. Punctuality can show that you are interested in the company & is a good start.
- Gather as much information as you can about the company. e.g.: reference library, co.website, press or contact people you know in the industry. Find out as much as possible about it’s services, products, customers & competition. This will give you an EDGE.
- Be enthusiastic and have a positive attitude.
- How you respond to open ended questions defines your communication skills and how quickly you can think on your feet.
- Maintain eye contact, give a firm hand shake and have a professional appearance and composure.
- Anticipate a list of possible questions you may be asked & prepare your answers. Listen carefully to the questions and give specific examples. Speak clearly and confidently even if you feel nervous.
- Be prepared, take extra copies of your CV, certificates and ID.
- Prepare questions you can ask at the end.
- After your interview follow-up for feedback.
Remember to get a good night’s rest the night before. Eat before the time and dress to impress, you only have once chance to make a good first impression.
Good luck, all the best!