TOP TALENT OF THE WEEK Talent interviewed by us, ready to be appointed by you…
Interview Time? Preparing for an interview might seem intimidating, but there are several steps you can take to prepare yourself for a successful interview. Remember that the interview is just as much about you finding a good fit for your own work environment as it is about the company finding a good fit for the role.
Preparing for your interview:
- Make a memorable note of the time and place of the interview along with the name of your interviewer(s).
- Prepare to be at least 15 mins early. Punctuality can show that you are interested in the company & is a good start.
- Gather as much information as you can about the company. e.g.: reference library, co.website, press or contact people you know in the industry. Find out as much as possible about it’s services, products, customers & competition. This will give you an EDGE.
- Be enthusiastic and have a positive attitude.
- How you respond to open ended questions defines your communication skills and how quickly you can think on your feet.
- Maintain eye contact, give a firm hand shake and have a professional appearance and composure.
- Anticipate a list of possible questions you may be asked & prepare your answers. Listen carefully to the questions and give specific examples. Speak clearly and confidently even if you feel nervous.
- Be prepared, take extra copies of your CV, certificates and ID.
- Prepare questions you can ask at the end.
- After your interview follow-up for feedback.
Remember to get a good night’s rest the night before. Eat before the time and dress to impress, you only have once chance to make a good first impression.
Good luck, all the best!