Make Interview Nerves Disappear. Staying calm during an interview can be quite challenging, it’s easier said than done!
It’s completely normal. But that doesn’t mean that you have to let your nerves jeopardize your chances of employment.
That said there are several things you can do to shake off any pre-interview nerves and land your dream job:
- Be prepared – find out more about the company’s vision, product/service, use
- If possible, drive to the interview venue the day before your interview, so that you know exactly where your interview is.
- Have a copy of your CV with you.
- Be on time – There’s nothing worse than a candidate arriving late, or not at all for an interview.
- If you are running late, phone the company and let them know.
- Go to bed early the night before your interview, get plenty of rest.
- Eat some breakfast or have a snack before your interview.
- Dress the part – we always say: If you look good, you will feel good, which will boost your confidence.
- Try to relax, take a deep breath, just breathe and be yourself.
Like we said, it’s completely normal to be nervous, it happens to the best of us.
A smile and a firm handshake will make you look and feel confident and just think of the interview as a conversation.
Visit our website for more interview tips.
Good luck with your next interview and all the best