Dress for Success
First impressions count so take your time to get your get suit cleaned and make sure your shoes are clean and your hair is tidy. It is important to make a good first impression. Dress for confidence!
You never get a second chance to make a first impression. So make your fist impression a great one, not just a good one!
Dressing in the correct apparel and colour for an interview creates confidence and a memorable image of you.
“Once you realize that people are judging your appearance before they know your talents, you will quickly learn to be more critical of your appearance.”– William Thourlby
- A dark, two-piece, gray, navy or black suit is your best option when going for an interviewing.
- Your shoe selection for a job interview should be professional, a mid heel, closed-toe shoe will be the perfect fit for your outfit!
- Don’t wear too much makeup, minimal makeup is an indicator that you value your professional image.
- Manicured nails with a neutral polish.
- No strong perfume or heavily scented body products.
- A dark, two-piece suit, in gray or navy is your best option when interviewing with a conservative company.
- A conservative tie, nothing too short or skinny. Choose authoritative colors such as red, blue, gray, and yellow in a stripe or conservative pattern.
- A white cotton shirt, worn with a dark suit and tie, makes a powerful entrance.
- A leather belt with an understated buckle. The color of your belt and shoes should match or complement each other.
- Match your socks to your pants.
- Well groomed, clean shaven face and fingernails.
Dress for Success!
Good luck with your Interview!