In today’s digital age, coming across professionally on a video call is important. It’s imperative…
February 2021 marks our 15th Anniversary in Business. At ASIE Personnel we love what we do and are passionate about enhancing lives of individuals by placing them within leading organisations. We love to see how these individuals grow and in turn, add considerable value to the business and grow the businesses they are placed within.
TOP 15 Traits to creating success, according to Asénath van den Berg – Director – ASIE Personnel
1. Be Passionate about what you do. In order to achieve success you need to be positive, passionate and enthusiastic about what you do.
2. Be Resilient. You will not win all the time. Success is getting over failures/rejection quickly and moving on. This part of life. You need to be able to recover quickly from this and move on.
3. Be Agile. If 2020 taught us anything is that you need to be able to be adaptable and flexible in your approach and you need to do so quickly to stay ahead.
4. Be Open to Learning. Be willing to consider new ideas. You can learn something new from everyone you meet. Be Open-minded. Be unprejudiced, be willing to challenge your own preconceived ideas and beliefs. Having a learning attitude and continuous on the job learning gives you the edge.
5. Have Open Communication. Share your vision, wins and challenges with your team and even clients. We are all human and being sincere in your communication creates loyalty.
6. Practice Integrity. This is the corner stone to our business and one value that is never compromised. We are honest, sincere and truthful in all instances, even when it’s difficult. We are transparent always.
7. Remain Focused. Know what you want to achieve. Take time out for yourself to set personal and business/career goals. Be able to visualise these.
8. Create Fun. Create Fun and Memories for yourself and your team. Celebrate special days, achievements and say “thank you”.
9. Remain Humble. You are only as good as your last success.
10. Admit your mistakes. Take responsibility and ownership when things go wrong, of that within your control. We are all human and this will add to your credibility as a person.
11. Lead by example. Be the kind of person you admire. Set the example you would like your team to follow. Practice what you preach.
12. Give Back. This is not just social responsibilities or your charitable events. This can be even personally. Adding additional value to your business/clients. Giving of your time. Becoming a mentor.
13. Never Give Up. The ability to persevere through all circumstances. To always do your best.
14. Stop Complaining. If you don’t like something then do something or change it. The world is not changed by your opinion of it but by your action. Avoid being part of the problem. Be solutions orientated and propose these solutions.
15. Keep Moving Forward. We can’t look back and change the past or past circumstances but what we can do is look forward and keep moving forward. You are never too old to reinvent yourself, your career or business. Take one step at a time.