Leaders are people with vision. Great leaders inspire others to join them as they head in the…
Competition is rife, you meet the requirements on paper however so do the other shortlisted candidates the employer/recruiter is interviewing.
Here are several possible reasons why you might not be getting shortlisted further for the job.
During the interview:
1. You have not researched the company or the job spec – immediate disadvantage – lack of interest in position/company
2. No excitement, energy, enthusiasm or passion shown for the company or the position you have applied for
3. Poor handshake (not firm, soft like a fish) – lack of confidence – unassertive
4. Poor verbal communication skills: Soft spoken, unclear or mumbling
5. Lack of eye contact with the interviewer – lack of confidence
6. Talking too much/over explaining, overselling yourself – answer the question directly and to the point
7. Too brief – giving one word answers, interviewer needs to drag the information out of you
8. Misrepresenting any of the following on your CV: qualifications, experience and the duration of your employment.
During the interview and checking process the interviewer is able to pick up these discrepancies.
9. Complaining about your current or previous employers – unprofessional
All of the above points are within your control. With work you can practice, and make a change to improve your interviewing skills.
For more tips follow us: @asiepersonnel | visit: www.asie.co.za