If you have been applying for positions and have not been invited in for an interview, here could be why…
When applying for a new position you need to ensure the following:
- Double check that you have updated your CV – contact details, no missing gaps, reasons for leaving etc. Download our CV Format
- You meet all the requirements as per the advert.
- Make sure you have the qualifications and experience as required.
- Check if there are any AA/EE requirements for the position. AA = Black only candidates. EE = Black, Coloured, Indian only candidates.
- You will only be contacted by a recruiter if you meet all the job requirements for a role.
- If you are over qualified/experienced for a position you could also not be considered as you would be too senior for the role and could get bored in the position.
- Sound enthusiastic and awake over the phone.
- Know your CV and experience so that you can answer questions efficiently.
- Be realistic about your salary expectation, ensure it is in line with what is being offered. When moving jobs a 15% increase on your current salary is a realistic expectation
Good luck with the job hunting!